What is Weapons Class?
Weapons were developed in Asia as farm tools and were brought to Okinawa. Farmers used them to defend themselves against the enemy.
Some weapons include:
- Bo Staff – 4 to 6 foot staff used for blocking and striking
- Kama – Sickle used for cutting and striking
- Tonfa – Night stick used for blocking and striking
- Nunchaku – Two connected sticks used for striking and defending
- Knife – Used for cutting and defending
- Sword – Used for cutting and defending
- Sai – Used to _____, block, trap, and punching
Benefits of Weapons Class
- Defending oneself with a weapon
- Learning self-control with a weapon
- Variety of exercises
- Multiple weapon training
Please click here for a full schedule of our Weapons classes